AZT/Rincon Creek

 

This little sandy creek is alive with wildlife.  Last night at sunset countless dove flew in to roost for the night and this morning the air vibrates with all kinds of birdsong.  A train whistle blows.  

During the night I awoke in pain and with my knee stuck in a semi bent position.  I couldn't seem to bend it more or straighten it out. I writhed around a bit and with the changing of position I was able to use my hands and straighten it.  It felt like I had put icy hot on it.  

We both knew at that moment, that sadly, our hike is done. The last three days we've hiked minimally hoping my knee might improve before the next mountain, but it obviously has not.  To continue would be foolish.  

We will come back. 

For now, we will hike back to where all the cyclists parked yesterday and hope for a ride to Tucson. 


Comments

  1. So sorry your journey is coming to an end. I hope your knee improves. please post updates here or on the Class of 2017 FB page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It turned out good that we got off trail as our son was in a serious vehicle rollover. My knee is slowly recovering and we are making plans to hike the trail SoBo in the fall. "Lord willing and the creek don't rise!"

      Delete

Post a Comment

We love your comments or questions. Have a great day and live a good life.