Day 1: Trail Angel Brandon was upbeat and supportive when he dropped us off where we left the trail a few years ago. PCT mile1713. It feels good to know that we’ve hiked everyone of those miles. Today’s short jaunt was an easy, mostly downhill 7 mile hike to Callahan’s Mountain Lodge in the late afternoon heat. Tomorrow we will begin our hike of Oregon in earnest. Yesterday, I felt mostly confident that I could hike Oregon’s 455 miles, but tonight as I soak in our room’s jacuzzi, I’ve got reservations because my right arch and ankle gave me some minor pains today. This was an issue I had on our spring hike of the Camino Frances. This is also an issue I have NOT had on any of my recent training hikes. I’m a bit perplexed. For now, though, I’m going to enjoy this lodge room because hopefully (fingers crossed) it will be a month before we have a room again.
Day 1: Trail Angel Brandon was upbeat and supportive when he dropped us off where we left the trail a few years ago. PCT mile1713. It feels good to know that we’ve hiked everyone of those miles. Today’s short jaunt was an easy, mostly downhill 7 mile hike to Callahan’s Mountain Lodge in the late afternoon heat. Tomorrow we will begin our hike of Oregon in earnest. Yesterday, I felt mostly confident that I could hike Oregon’s 455 miles, but tonight as I soak in our room’s jacuzzi, I’ve got reservations because my right arch and ankle gave me some minor pains today. This was an issue I had on our spring hike of the Camino Frances. This is also an issue I have NOT had on any of my recent training hikes. I’m a bit perplexed. For now, though, I’m going to enjoy this lodge room because hopefully (fingers crossed) it will be a month before we have a room again.
Comments
Post a Comment
We love your comments or questions. Have a great day and live a good life.